Monday, July 4, 2011

Death From Above

As you might have guessed my new garden is my favorite place. Not just because of the assortment of delicious bugs or the captivating things my person calls birds, but also because of something called shade. Shade is amazing. I am especially interested in it for it's wonderful nap capabilities. I've discovered, quite by accident, that an orange cat such as myself can sleep in the shade for hours. My person found it quite amusing that while on guard duty at the base of my tree a "squirrel" happened upon me and began to incessantly yell at me from a roof out of reach. Not so soon ready to give up my new found garden I bravely sat my ground on yonder fence come hell or high water, or as the case may be, a gentle breeze and cool leafy shade. I mean come on, so I took a little nap, squirrel chatter can be quite soothing....

Regardless I learned my lesson about the temptations of shade while on guard duty, for while during my gentle napping a terror sprung upon me with an explosion and bombs from above. I narrowly escaped with my life. My person says not to worry that these monsters are just called "fireworks" and that I should take a day or two off and hang out inside the air conditioned house where it's quiet, but I am unsure. There is such commotion outside, who will protect my garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment